.....

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Not Dead Yet

Turns out that recovering from bronchitis is no easy thing. I had finished all my antibiotics and steroids and was still coughing. Then my energy waned. And then I felt really bad -- again. So I went back to the doctor last Wednesday and was diagnosed with a bronchitis relapse. I got a vitamin B12 shot to boost my immunity and prescriptions for 10 more days of antibiotics and 12 more days of steroids.

I have to admit, I left the doctor's office feeling defeated. I started to wonder if I would ever be able to get back to the gym. I considered was lost days meant to my half-marathon training plan. But most of all, I realized that I needed to make some big changes. I'm not willing to be sick so often, to have fatty liver disease and high-blood pressure and a host of other ailments.

Change is coming -- and I think better health will follow.

No comments: