.....

Friday, March 4, 2011

I Can't Catch a Break

After my prolonged bout with bronchitis, I woke up with an aching stomach. Soon it morphed into real abdominal pain. I pushed through it last week but finally caved in and went to the doctor yesterday.

Turns out that the medicines I took to recover from bronchitis may have damaged my stomach, kidneys and/or live. Or I may have an overgrowth of "bad" bacteria in my gut, after the good guys were probably killed off by the massive antibiotics. Three giant vials of blood were drawn and now we wait to hear the results.

Meanwhile, I've been told to "take it easy" and eat a bland diet -- which is basically all I feel like doing right now anyway. I'm not hungry and I can't even walk a mile without doubling over in pain. How will I ever be ready for the half-marathon in two months?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the stomach woes Jill! Don't worry about the Half M - I'm not going to make it either. Let's talk plan B. Hugs, Jo

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Jill and keep us posted on your progress. I am starting over running from square one. Love,
Marty