.....

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mental Toughness

As I get back into healthy eating and regular exercise, I'm learning a lot about mental toughness.

Yesterday my training plan called for 1-2 mile run. My schedule wouldn't allow me to get to the gym and walk on the treadmill, so I was stuck with walking outside. It was 19 degrees and snowing outside. I didn't want to do it. I nearly talked myself out of doing it. But I took a deep breath, psyched myself up and then bundled up and headed outside on my lunch break. It was miserably cold and the roads were slippery with patches of ice, but I did it. And in doing so, I developed some mental toughness. I imagine it will come in mighty handy later this year as I stand at the starting line of the half-marathon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I am so proud of you.
Marty